Thursday 10 March 2011

The Vegan Pledge...

I've been toying with this for a while, but haven't actually taken the step of doing it yet. Sometimes I plan a vegan day per week but then reach for a bar of chocolate and forget that it's got milk in it and fail. But given that 80-90% of the recipes I blog are tagged "easy", "vegan" and "quick" surely it can't be that hard? I already use soya milk, take my coffee black, use pure marge, and love fruit and vegetables and legumes. I haven't actually eaten cheese or dairy products more than once this week. But of course the minute you say can't you want... Eggs will be my downfall. I love eggs.

So what do I plan to eat? Off the top of my head my cupboards and fridge will provide:

Breakfasts:
Soaked oats in soya milk
Banana and raspberry soya smoothie
Home made granola with agave nectar and dried fruit
Toast with peanut butter and banana or jam

Lunches:
Bulghar wheat salad
Tofu and lentil salad
Peanut butter and chilli noodles with vegetables
The best ever vegan sandwich

Dinners:
Yotam Ottolenghi's black pepper tofu
Vegetable tempura and dipping sauces
Curry of one variety or another. More than once.
Lentil spaghetti bolognase

And it also gives me the perfect excuse to raid my extensive cook book collection for some more ideas. So watch this space and see what happens. Oh and if you want to join in or do it too then take the vegan pledge too.

No comments:

Post a Comment