Saturday 19 March 2011

Vegan Pledge Day Five

Yesterday was a wash out as I had not planned far enough ahead in terms of food, especially breakfast, and given that the night before was St Patrick's...well. Nuff said. So original day five = failure. But day five mk 2 = better. I am really enjoying not eating dairy. I opened my fridge earlier and kind of glared at the pile of cheese in it. Yes I will eventually eat it but it doesn't make me feel like I want to eat it. Where I will struggle most is in baking. I made rocky road for Lex last night which contains milk chocolate and butter. And then we come to eggs in baking... But there are ways around this.

Things of note today:
Off soya milk is difficult to detect when pouring but tastes V-I-L-E when eaten in porridge. Breakfast #fail again


Today's food:
Breakfast: sultana porridge with agave nectar, coffee, OJ
Lunch: leftover cannelloni bean patties with carrot and tomato salad
Dinner: curry and rice
Snacks: banana, pineapple, grapefruit, cocoloco bar, crisps, peanuts, beer. Lots and lots of beer...

No comments:

Post a Comment