Friday 18 March 2011

Canollini Bean Patties (v)

I fancied something middle eastern for dinner tonight, and pulse based so created these. Oh. My. Goodness they were good, even if I do say so myself ;) Try them.

For about 6 patties you need:
1 can drained and rinsed canollini beans
1 onion
1 red chilli
1 tsp moroccan spices
salt and pepper
oil for shallow frying

Blitz everything together apart from the oil and salt and pepper. You want it pulverised enough to be sticky but still retain some texture. Season to taste and then form into small, flattish patties. Heat 0.5cm of oil in a pan and shallow fry for about 4-5 mins on each side till lightly browned and hot. They will begin to disintegrate if you cook them for too long! Serve with carrot, sultana and sunflower seed salad and some flat breads.

2 comments:

  1. I just did these. Yum, even tho I did over blitz! Thanks Becka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I loved them so am very glad someone else liked them!

    ReplyDelete