Thursday 14 July 2011

Rich Chocolate Brownie (v)



I think my tastebuds are evolving. I never thought it would be possible to enjoy a dense, gooey, sticky, rich, unctuous chocolate brownie sans butter and eggs, but it is. And this recipe proves it. I tweaked the original recipe in line with feedback from others, reducing the sugar by 100g, using muscavado to make it more gooey and sticky and reducing the oil slightly too. I cooked for 20 mins as I wanted the outside squares more cakey and the inside squares ooooooozing.

For about 24 brownies you need:
250g plain flour
250g light brown muscavado sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
200ml sunflower oil
250ml water
65g cocoa powder

Mix everything together until smooth. Scrape into a lined tin and bake at 160 degrees for 20 mins. Leave to cool slightly before scoffing.

2 comments:

  1. I did this for my vegan friend and cut back the oil by 50mls(just cos I couldn't cope with the volume!).
    It turned out fine and everybody, vegan, veggie and carnivore liked it.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay glad to hear it worked well! I will try reducing the oil further too.

    ReplyDelete