Thursday 15 March 2012

Becka's Bestest Ever Rocky Road



This went down a storm on the stall last week, and with good reason. It's the best recipe yet for rocky road I have been able to concoct. It's loosely based on Nigella's Rocky Road Crunch Bars but I have played about with the recipe after repeated makings (it's a hard life being a baker ;-)) and adjusted quantities and added in more yummy things. Hers are OK but imho they are a bit two dimensional and nowhere near as yummy as mine. Strong words, but try this and I promise you won't be disappointed!

For 12 bars you need:
150g milk chocolate
150g dark chocolate (70% or above)
125g butter
3 tbsp golden syrup
100g rich tea biscuits, crushed a bit
100g rice crispies
100g whole glace cherries
100g marshmallows

Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup together in a double boiler (bowl over a pan of water). Once melted, add everything else and mix well. Turn out into a lined tray bake tin and smooth other. Leave to cool before cutting into squares and lamenting again about the size of your waistline.

4 comments:

  1. I put dried apricots, dried sour cherries,pistachios and amaretti biscuits in mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that sometimes too but wanted more chocolate and less fruit in this one for the kids! I love the one you make tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use these ones http://sweetvegan.co.uk/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=23 not cheap but veggie. Goodness direct do some with fish gelatine if you were a fish and chip-ocrite ;-) I have made my own sometimes too but they;re not hard enough.

    ReplyDelete