Sunday 8 May 2011

Cinnamon and Nutella Loaf Cake


The original recipe for this is on the BBC Good Food website. A friend posted it on FB for another friend and I thought it looked like a good one to make for lunch boxes. It certainly is. As it cooks, a crispy, sugary top gets formed. I think next time I might reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe as it's a bit too sweet for me. I think I might also try adapting it with some vanilla sugar and crushed cardamon along with the cinnamon and maybe swap the blobs of nutella for plain chocolate chips. But anyway. The original recipe is still very good ;-)

For one loaf cake you need:
175g soft butter
175g caster sugar
200g self raising flour
3 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
60ml milk
4 tbsp nutella

Place everything apart from the nutella in a bowl and mix well till thoroughly combined. Place 2/3 in a lined loaf tin and add the nutella in small blobs. Swirl around a bit and then top with the remaining cake batter. Place in a moderate (170 degree) oven for about an hour till cooked. Serve in slices with coffee or a glass of milk. Y-u-m.


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this looks gerat Becka - I might make this this weekend for my son and husband !

    ReplyDelete
  2. well enjoy it if you do. I have none left now it was that good it didn't even make it to the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete