Thursday 28 April 2011

Potato Cakes (v)




Lex adores these and Mr Ocado had let me down with the quality of the potatoes delivered this week so I cooked a whole bag and used half to make potato cakes with.







For 4 people you need:
1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into rough chunks
25g vegan spread
about 1/2 cup plain flour
salt and pepper

Cook the potatoes in boiling water till tender. Drain and season, add the vegan spread. Mash well and then add enough flour to make a stiff dough. Form into a circle (I made two with this quantity) and score each circle into 4 quarters.

Heat a frying pan with a little oil and some more vegan spread. Add the potato cake once the pan is really hot and press along the scores with a fish slice to free each quarter. Fry till golden brown on each side and then serve as you wish (we had beans). I left my cakes to rest over night in the fridge and we ate them for brunch. They also freeze well, but defrost before cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment